Monday, October 31, 2005

Why did I decide socks would be a bad idea today?

Friday night, October 28 - Lansing, MI for The Flouride Program /Starling Electric / Oh My God show. Just a note, Oh My God totally blew chunks. Nothing like a bunch of hipsters listening to Creed-style serious rawk to really put a damper on the mood. Otherwise, the show was fantastic. The Flouride Program are sounding tighter than ever, and Justin's facial hair is driving the ladies mad. Starling Electric are still as psycho-poppy as ever, making rock-harmony love. I saw a lot of friends I haven't seen in a long time, met a few great people, and just generally enjoyed myself (which is rare in my pre-GRE / unemployed craze).

Saturday night saw me back in the RO, making my first visit to the Main art theatre to see Capote. See this movie. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is phee-nominal. It will also make you want to read "In Cold Blood" which you should also do because it's an amazing book. I have it if you want to borrow it, though Dan Brooks gets first dibs.

Speaking of Dan Brooks, he called me last night to ask me to go star-gazing with him as Mars is out in full force these days. So we packed up his telescope and drove to Hartland, actually Parshalville, but none of this matters because neither of them would even show up on a map, I think. But in Hartland we stopped at a gas station and in the store on the wall there was a big map of Michigan and underneath it said "Hartland, MI INC. EST. 2000." I took a picture of it because it said incest, and that's funny. Mars was big and red and we could make out a black band in the middle, which was apparently a giant canyon, the deepest canyon in the galaxy or something. I won't make any remarks about how staring at the heavens really makes you think about the significance (or lack thereof) of your every day actions. I'll just tell you that should Dan Brooks ever call you up one night to ask you to go star-gazing with him, you should.

Depressing news - the free wireless internet connection Drew and I were hoarding in on totally left us (did they find out?), so now we've got to make special trips to coffee shops in order to check email. Bummer. Those carefree days are over, now starts the winter of my discontent.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger The Narrator said...

Incest is never funny. Never.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home