Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Foods for your Hole

I've more or less given up any hope on finding a real job, so I started looking at grocery store jobs and saw that Whole Foods in Troy was hiring cashiers. I could have filled out the application online and sent it, faceless and personality-less, to some corporate office, but I thought it better to show up at the store in person: "see here? I've made this effort to come all the way out to show you how enthusiastic I am about your grocery store chain and being a part of it!" The lady at the customer service desk told me (in a I've-been-smoking-for-the-past-forty-years voice) "you can fill out an application online." Then a younger girl told me there was a kiosk in produce where I could fill out an application. It was just a computer with the online application. Damnit, I said to myself. I'm going home to fill this out.

At home I started the painstakingly long process of filling out the application. Near the end of the application process, there were 99 questions regarding my personality (i.e. "when you finish a task you look for more work to do - strongly disagree, disagree, agree, stronly agree.") There was a question that asked, "You hate it when the court lets a guilty criminal go free." WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME THAT AND WHY WOULD A COURT LET A GUILTY CRIMINAL GO FREE? What court says, "this person is clearly guilty and a criminal, but we're going to let him go free anyway because the American justice system clearly does not work" ? I wonder if I'll get the job.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger The Narrator said...

When elected president, I will send Congress the Allow Guilty Criminals to Go Free Act. This bold act will instruct our activist judicial system to imprison only the innocent and allow the guilty to roam our great land freely. America has had enough legislating from the bench. Judges, hear my loud and clear: Let guilty criminals go free!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home