Monday, September 12, 2005

Definitely, the highlight of my day was cooking tofu

Seahawks lost, from what I hear. So did the Huskies. I'm no fan of football, not at all. Just thought I'd update all those Washington football fans who were, themselves, completely unaware.

Yesterday, as I walked along Rainier Ave toward the bus stop, I stepped on a piece of cardboard which made me slip and fall directly on my knee. I didn't know this, but I had completely skinned my knee. Furthermore, I was completely out of commission today due to the pain. And Christ Almighty what a boring day. There were reports that LA had lost power, but by the time I'd heard about it, things were working again. I didn't leave the house until nearly 4 o'clock (there it is again, that lovely word) to go buy ibuprofen, which subsequently bankrupted me for the rest of the week.

So I primarily layed around hoping I might drift off to sleep (who am I kidding) and thinking about all the movies and television shows I'd like to own on DVD. If anybody wants to get me a gift (you know, for being in pain or for Rosh Hashana) you could always get me Mr. Show or Arrested Development. I just wanted to throw that out there. For all two of my readers (who are, in order of greatest number of visits to The Crime of it All: me and Brother. And sometimes the elusive PK).

5 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger The Narrator said...

I saw Mr. Show's Jay Johnstone at the bar the other day.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Hayley said...

That's okay. I'm okay with that. I'm not at all jealous or angry. Not one bit. Don't worry about me.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favorite Jay Johnstone sketch: Mountain climber guy who keeps falling over backwards knocking over the thimble collection. First time I saw that I about hurt myself.

BTW, I read all blogs linked to Rocket Fever, so you have three readers. That's a 33.33333 percent increase!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Hayley said...

The one where his hands get run over in the end and people are still laughing at him? The Story of the story of the story of the story of Everest (or something like that).

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I read your blog too Hayley! I can't do the math but that's some sort of percentage more too! Any word on the job yet? Did you bleed all over yourself when you scraped your knee? C'mon. You know you can't write about injuries without the gory details. Back to work I go. At least right now i'm sitting at a computer instead of being pooped on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home