Wednesday, April 19, 2006

London - in England!

I GOT ACCEPTED TO THE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LONDON! IN LONDON! ENGLAND! THE UNITED KINGDOM! EUROPE! THE WORLD! THE SOLAR SYSTEM! THE MILKY WAY! THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!

Today, while at work, my mom came to visit me and tell me that I had mail waiting at her house. It was a thick envelope which she assumed was from London. After hours of eager anticipation, I made it to her house and opened the envelope whereby I read my first graduate school acceptance letter. I've already received two rejections (from the University of Michigan and the University of Texas). So I wasn't overly positive about my chances of getting into any other schools. I had this Michigan State thing going and was genuinely excited because I was happy to be able to go to grad school and it was a great-looking program. But it wasn't a public policy program in London f-ing England. So here I am, a giddy school girl, possibly heading off to London in the fall.

Wow, man.

In other news, I spent a fantastic week in Miami, where I met the former Miss Mexico and got my hair cut alongside Some Guy who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles. In addition, I made my way to Jupiter to visit the Marine Life Center of Juno Beach for some turtle museuming, did a lot of shopping, ate amazing food, laid in the sun at the beach, saw a freaking amazing Chihuly exhibit at the Fairchild Tropical Gardens where we also saw giant iquanas and other living things. We had a great seder, with matzo ball soup, brisket (of which I did not partake), spinach grautin, cucumber salad, kasha vernishkes, and for dessert Danny made the richest chocolate pots (like mousse only thicker and richer) and there were macaroons from epicure, the fancy gourmet grocery store. I got my nails done, saw a Marilyn Monroe exhibit at the Bass, visited the Wolfsonian and saw their Political Propaganda exhibit (both exhibits were way cool), and had a false Matthew Perry sighting. The Miami Beach Gaineses have a new dog, a weimeraner (that could be totally spelled wrong) named Casper who is very cute and very stupid. Maybe he'll learn. Roxy, their pug, is still a great dog, one of the few I like a lot. We get along really well. I think she still remembers me from when she was a very tiny puppy and she broke her leg and I carried her around everywhere. The only downside to my trip was that everyone, in succession, was sick. Danny was sick for the first few days, then Jon got sick, and by the end Karen was ill as well. I haven't gotten sick so far, which is truly a passover miracle.

Amen.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! congratulations- i'm so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home