Monday, February 28, 2005

Whether or not Black Americans go camping is not the question at hand

My first day back working. God, how awful. I spent the entire day in a semi-vegitative state. Things became dire around 1:30 when I spilled spicy garlic sauce from my Chinese food all over myself. I smelled like Chinese food all day.

I was supposed to leave work at 5:00. However, I was informed half way through the day that we would have a meeting at 5:00. So while I could have been home, I had to stare at my supervisor's stupid uneven face. Had we been sitting in a larger venue I would have fallen asleep. Unfortunately, I was sitting directly across from the Boss.

I'm still very uncertain how I manage to pass the time every day at work. My short-term memory loss should possibly worry me. I think, though, that forgetting each passing day is a security technique. I have the distinct, disturbing feeling that I'm blocking out horrible events. It's clearly better for my psyche that I go numb from the brain down the second I walk into the office. I think everybody else there, for that matter, is also numb from the brain down, though possibly for different reasons.

Tomorrow it will no longer be Black History Month. What next?

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haley,
We will have to talk about this whole me being a chicken thing at work tomorrow... Needless to say I am quite hurt and very disappointed.

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing says professional like a boss that checks a blog of her worker while still on the clock. Not only that, but she can't even spell your name correctly? This has to be a hoax. Thanks for the post Trixie McHoaxerton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home