Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Goodnight Hayley

I'm tempted to say that grad school applications are too freaking difficult to fill out. But if I actually said that, I think it would automatically disqualify me from any grad school anywhere, including Uncle Jeff's School of Public Policy and AirBrush Nail Design.

Interestingly, the application for the school in London is the least complicated (man I loved that Indigo Girls song). IF I'm accepted there, the visa and financial aid information will more than make up for the lack of application paper work.

And here it is, folks, Hayley's most boring blog post yet. She's talking about filling out forms. And the only thing more boring than filling out forms is talking about filling them out. I've reached a new low, friends.

So, on to something more interesting. Post-T-Day bachelorette/bachelor parties. On Friday night, I went to Ms Erica Rhoten's apartment for low-key pre-marital partying. Poor Erica was getting over being sick, so we stayed in, ate food (thanks to Anne Marie Harvey for being the only worth-while friend Erica has), and talked. The plan was to watch girlie movies, but things got carried away when we started talking about feminism and then racism. Those were my contributions.

On Saturday I headed to Joe Mize's cabin (Joe being the soon-to-be-wedded bachelor in this mix) for fun and booze. The all-male debauchery had occurred the night before, and this was to be a night of fun for both parties. However, I was the only member of the bachelorette party in attendance. Erica was too sick and the other (two) girls had to go home. So there I was in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of drunk guys who like to hunt. They had venison on the grill and booze-a-plenty. It was a swell time. Best of all, Erica felt better later in the evening and showed up after all. Just as great was Dave Brumbaugh's attendance. He came up from Texas for this event.

Maybe the best news of all - I can drink wine again. And lots of it!

Joe and Erica's wedding isn't until December 17, so you'll have to wait a while for a recap of that party. Until then, snack on this.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is past due. Please update.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home