Saturday, March 05, 2005

After weeks of getting paid to do nothing, the gods of labor have reversed their decision. If I want my promotion at work to stay in effect, I need to start doing stuff. The question, obviously, is whether or not this promotion is worth doing stuff. I'll give it a few weeks and decide then.

In other news... who am I kidding? I work a lot. Exciting things looming on the horizon, though. On March 17th (day of snake banning and green beer drinking) Salman Rushdie will speak at MSU. I'm reading Midnight's Children to prepare. The beginning few pages of The Satanic Verses, though, were so good that I really wanted to read that. However, I was talked into reading this, and I am not sorry I have made this decision.

The weekend following the St. Patrick's Day Rushdie visit, the DIA will be showing Days of Being Wild. The goal is to make it Detroit-ward in order to see that.

Otherwise, things are almost uninteresting. I experimented with rice this week. It did not go quite as planned. However, I have a few ideas that will better my rice creation. I would tell you about them now, but I don't want to ruin the fun. Let's just say that there are a lot of chicks with peas, if you catch my meaning.

Brad Jackson is a poo.
Which reminds me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home