Friday, December 23, 2005

I lied about the wheels!

This week has been a great one, with friends home from far away places and lots of food and drinking. In order to have time to see all our friends, we had a party at our fantastic little apartment. Tim and Christine McCarty, home from Boston; Patrick, Barnes home from Oregon; Zach Biehler, home from Wisconsin; Andy Nicholson, home from San Francisco; and those who haven't gon quite so freaking far away - Dan, Gold, Kris Party Phillips, Zach Curd, Mike, Babs, Jack, Brad, Sam, Marianne, Jason, Maureen, Jimmy, John Sapp, and some weird people no one but Andrew knew. If I'm forgetting anyone, may lightning strike me down. Sadly, not in attendace were Pete and Walker, neither of whom left the relative warmth and beauty of northern California, and Josh, who apparently likes New York more than any person. Who can blame him?

We requested that everyone bring food to the party, a brilliant idea as there are some real decent cooks among us. Brie fondue, more than one kind of lasagna, spinach dip, vegetables, peanut butter pie, hummus and pita, and a delicious, delicious queso dip provided by the tostitos company (or something similar). More importantly, there was booze a-plenty. Case after case of, generally, cheap beer, a forty ounce (mine, in tribute to Walker), wine, and lord knows what else. For the record, Tim drank almost a complete fifth of Johnny Walker red label by himself. There was maybe one glass left. Either way, we were all feeling it the next morning when we woke up and walked around the corner for breakfast at Nello's. After breakfast, most everyone departed. I left soon thereafter for recovery and xmas at Nana and Poppy's. When I left, though, Patrick, Zach B, and Andrew were playing risk and drinking again.

I've missed everyone a lot and hope that, despite the great distances between us, we can still make time to visit each other. There is great pressure for a Boston trip sometime soon, and, time and money allowed, I'll be more than happy to be anyone's house guest.

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haley,

I am back in Michigan, but have spent most of my time SLEEPING. Ridiculous. Also some folks have been visiting the motel. I think Christmas night we are doing some drinking in room 5 if you are in Lansing. Give me a call if you're in the L.A. I am going to record 16 or so piano tracks before thursday so I can take them back to Chicago and do the vocal and percussion production treatments to them. I am also beginning to record an EP with my friend's TJ and Shannon (female) on January 2nd at this large loft in Wicker Park. And this is weird shit, roots and folk shit, diner music, spacey keyboard shit-- stuff that Tim and Sam would dig. So watch out! So the moral of the story is that I am doing a lot of music and as a result, am once again poor until I begin working again in Jan. Which brings me to my next point. If you want to visit Chicago, we have plenty of room. I also talked to Dan who said he was interested in staying. You will be given your own key, pancake mix, a list of which plants to water while I'm at work, shampoo samples, temporary wardrobe space, a recovered military cot, a "grab bag", several ribbons, and treats to feed our cat "rosh hashana." Sound like fun?! In the meantime if you are ever feeling lazy on a sunday you should watch this fake rap video (by Parnell of SNL).
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=zLElfJ9YCh0

I'm out. In Lansing till 29th at 7:30am.
-PK (aka Bull Feathers)

PS- Wilco: Kicking Television . Live in Chicago.
WOW!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Hayley said...

PK, as much as I'm dying to see you, the phone number I have for you doesn't work and I don't have your email address. This distresses me. Make this thing work 'cause I'd love to visit Chicago and feed treats to your cat.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayley. I should just call you. In fact I will... But, I want to tell you something and I also want to remind you that I read this blog type thing of yours.
peace out doggggggg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home