Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Beauty of it is that Australia is So Fricking Far Away

Have you been sitting on the edge of your seat? Biting your nails and tearing out hair? Pacing, smoking, injecting all kinds of harmful chemicals? Put aside those filthy habits - the next installment of The Crime of it All is here.

I was disgustingly sick over the weekend, and it was, without a doubt, the best weekend I've had in a long freaking time. Maybe that's a bad thing. Forget the puking and the exhaustion and the not-being-able-to-swallow-because-the-throat-is-so-swollen. I sat around for two days reading, watching tv, and sleeping. It was brilliant. Maybe, though, it's a sign that your life sucks when getting disgusting is the best thing to happen in a while. Nevertheless, I intend to take more days like that.

And just in time, my internship at the Michigan Primary Care Association is over. No more HPSAs or MUAs or MUPs or FQHCs. No more "hello this is hayley calling from the michigan primary care association we're working with the michigan department of community health updating information regarding medically underserved area designations i had a few quick questions about the office and i was wondering if you or someone else could help me." Of course, they sort of treated me with a certain amount of dignity at this place. I was given responsibility and there wasn't a certifiably insane bitch breathing down my neck the entire time telling me that if I screwed up I'd be sent to the pit of despair.

Which reminds me: I hate my boss even more. As a matter of fact, if I was given the choice between working with this woman or with Max Miller for the next few months, I'd gladly take Max Miller as a trusty side-kick. I'd lick his... toes before I worked with that woman. Except I am working with that woman. I hope she spontaneously combusts. I hope she sits on a tack. I hope the next time she gets a strawberry double-decker ice cream cone, the ice cream part falls off the cone part and lands in Australia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home