Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Last night I finally watched The Bicycle Thief, the neo-realist film. And let me tell you. It was neo. It was real. It was neo-real...ism...ist. But seriously, that Bruno is one cute kid. But Italian kids in movies are usually cute (not like those American child stars who are so scary looking). But is that even the point? No. I liked the ending. It was realistic, which is, after all, the point. I won't give it away, though. I know many of you are chomping at the proverbial bit to experience the entire Vittorio De Sica catalogue (you may want to skip The Garden of the Finzi-Continis).

Tonight, I have a few more Italian screen gems at my disposal, two of which are Fellini films. I have geniously devised my movie-watching such that in no way will I be stuck watching a shitty movie... I hope (Satyricon was just freaky). Yes, this time it will be only good movies for me... not like all those other times when I purposefully set out to watch crap.

Anybody know what Raleigh's like in the spring? I may be about to find out.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger The Narrator said...

"City of Women" was F-ed!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll dip your sides!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home